Where did the idea come from?
- Brain & Spine Injury Health Professional and Social Care Professional Training
- Feedback from Speech and Language Therapy patients
- Neuro-Interest group meeting.
What was our aim?
Not just to treat patients, but to deliver personalised, responsive, holistic care in the full context of how people live their lives.
Use the Communication Support Pack to help:
- Prevent premature deaths
- Improve quality of life for people with long term condition
- Help recover from illness and injury
- Positive experience of care
- Carie for people in a safe environment and protect them from avoidable harm
- Patients can use the pack to understand information about their healthcare needs
- Patients can use the pack to answer questions about their health care needs
- Health Professionals can use the pack to support their assessment and ask questions about all areas of health and social care
- It will provide a more positive experience of care.
Development for the future
- A resource for Mental Capacity Assessment
- Downloadable on staff intranet, to print off resources as required
- Review imagery available to update and add communication supports as requested.