Our district nurses work seven days a week, 365 days a year and are accessible 24 hours a day providing care to vulnerable and housebound people within their own home or home environment. Each GP practice has an identified District Nursing team.
The Liverpool and Sefton district nurses:
- Manage and deliver care to patients with complex health needs
- Support and advice to patients and their carers in relation to their ongoing treatment
- Wound management including leg ulcers
- Palliative care for the terminally ill and care of the dying
- Bereavement support
- Health promotion for individuals, carers and communities
- Referral to other services if required via virtual ward, eg social services, occupational therapy
- There is a continuation of services through the night.
Referral to the service can be made through your GP. Patients need to have clear needs for skilled nursing intervention.
District Nursing Service Leaflet