Service available in:
Who we are
The Community Diabetes Team provide support to adults with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in a variety of community locations and in the homes of housebound patients.
What we do
The services we offer include:
- Care for patients newly diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes
- Glycaemic control for patients with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
- Hypoglycaemic review
- Insulin pump service for patients with Type 1 Diabetes
- Home blood glucose meter training
- Change in insulin pen device
- Care for pregnant patients known to have diabetes or those diagnosed with gestational diabetes
- Undertake annual reviews for patients in nursing homes.
We offer the following group education sessions:
- Diabetes and You – for patients newly diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes and More – for more established patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- Four Step Plan to Carbohydrate Counting – for type 1 patients.
We also offer:
- Drop in clinics – Southport Centre for Health and Wellbeing (Wednesdays 2 to 4pm) and Formby Clinic (Tuesdays 2 to 4pm)
- Insulin pump meeting – an update meeting for insulin pump users.