We are here to support our Mersey Care family and look after your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. Once you join our Trust you will have access to a range of support networks and sessions which will help you stay healthy.
Looking after one another and supporting our colleagues are one of Mersey Care's highest priorities and will enable us to continue to provide the best care for our service users.
You will receive more details of what is available at your induction, but here's a flavour of the resources you can access as a new member of Mersey Care's family.
Mersey Care also offers a range of physical wellbeing resources to our staff, including:
- Physiotherapy - Access to our in-house physiotherapy team. You can self-refer
- Physical Activity Options - The Trust has a studio gym which staff can use for free, 24/7. There’s an in person group exercise class and a selection of live and prerecorded online exercise classes, including yoga, which can be accessed on any device and at any time. We also have a purpose built Health and Wellbeing Centre based at Hollins Park, which offers staff and services users the availability of mental health inpatient facilities and free use of the gym
- Health Assessments in the workplace - The health and wellbeing team run regular health promotion events, visiting many of our sites to support the wellbeing of the workforce. These include mini-health checks which give an opportunity to have a series of health assessments completed by trained staff, who can offer tailored advice to suit your needs
- NHS North West Games - Mersey Care pays the registration fee to enable its staff to take part in the annual series of sporting events across the region, for free.
We have carefully selected the safest and most effective resources available to support your mental health and wellbeing, which can be found on our internal extranet, YourSpace. We encourage you to refer to these when you need them and practice self-care every day.
The resources we make available to our workforce include:
- Resilience programme- Group sessions led by the health and wellbeing team, exploring and identifying factors that impact on our resilience and finding practical solutions to keep ourselves well
- Menopause sessions- online group supports sessions for our female staff, led by a female counsellor
- Mindfulness- online drop-in sessions facilitated by a mindfulness teacher, with options for those who are new to the practice and those with experience
- Access to psychological therapies- self referral to our in-house team of psychological therapists for one to one support is available for those experiencing emotional distress. There’s also support available from Cheshire and Merseyside Resilience Hub which has been established to ensure all NHS, Social Care and Emergency Service staff within the region have access to the right support, information and confidential psychological interventions they need.
As a Trust, we also support our staff with regular financial updates and resources, including:
- Webinars - Mersey Care links with financial advisory services to produce educational webinars for staff to access
- Citizens Advice Appointments - Mersey Care staff can utilise the verified referral pathway in place with the organisation, for free and impartial advice on a range of topics.