Service available in:
Learning Disability Community Team
Our Learning Disability Community Team is a multi-professional service staffed by nurses, allied health professionals such as occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists and a consultant psychiatrist. The services specialises in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals who present with autistic spectrum disorder and learning disabilities.
Our service runs from 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday and we are based at Hollins Park Hospital in Winwick.
You can contact the team directly on 01744 457 278.
Annual Health Check (AHC) guidance and additional resources for GPs
Learning Disability Annual Health Check (AHC) Toolkit for North West England v1.0 For all professionals involved in Delivering AHC’s.
GPs and Practice Nurses have the much-needed skills to help people with learning disabilities get access to the care they need from health systems that they may find complex.
It is important that everyone over the age of 14 who is on a GP Learning Disability Register, has an annual health check.
In addition to the AHC pack, there are further resources below:
- Learning Disability Friendly GP Practices – guidance on how to make your practice LD friendly, with steps on how to bring about this quality improvement programme.
- A Step by Step Guide for GP Practices – this guide was produced to help GPs, practice nurses and primary administration team organise and perform quality annual health checks on adults with a learning disability.
- AHC checklist – is for carers, family members or friends of someone with a learning disability (age 14 and over) to ensure that the person attending their annual health check provides all the information the GP needs so they can be fully assessed.
- NHS England – Watch these films to find out how great annual health checks and health actions plans are helping Charlotte and Harshi to keep healthy and stay well.
- People First – a guide to annual health checks for adults with learning disabilities
- Ardens Healthcare Informatics - Learning Disability Support
- Learning from lives and deaths – report the death of someone with a learning disability or an autistic person