In response to coronavirus, this service has made some changes – for updated service information click here.
Our specialist therapists support people registered with a South Sefton or Liverpool GP who are experiencing communication and/or swallowing difficulties and require special intervention of a Speech and Language Therapist.
Clients are seen in their home, nursing homes, clinic and day centres. We work with clients, their carers and others involved in providing support.
Speech and Language Therapy Support Package
Where did the idea come from?
- Brain and Spine Injury Health Professional and Social Care Professional Training
- Feedback from Speech and Language Therapy patients
- Neuro-Interest group meeting.
What was our aim?
Not just to treat patients, but to deliver personalised, responsive, holistic care in the full context of how people live their lives.
Use the Communication Support Pack to help:
- Prevent premature deaths
- Improve quality of life for people with long term condition
- Help recover from illness and injury
- Positive experience of care
- Carie for people in a safe environment and protect them from avoidable harm
- Patients can use the pack to understand information about their healthcare needs
- Patients can use the pack to answer questions about their health care needs
- Health Professionals can use the pack to support their assessment and ask questions about all areas of health and social care
- It will provide a more positive experience of care.
Development for the future
- A resource for Mental Capacity Assessment
- Downloadable on staff intranet, to print off resources as required
- Review imagery available to update and add communication supports as requested.
If you're a GP or Health Care professional and you'd like to refer a patient into our service, please download the referral forms below: