Our Specialist Perinatal Service works with women withmental health problems in Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Warrington, who:
- Are thinking about or planning to have a baby
- Are pregnant
- Have a baby who is 12-months-old or younger.
We can help with...
We offer one off preconception appointments to provide advice, guidance and signposting tosupport women who are thinking about or planning to have a baby, who:
- Have a history of complex mental health problems
- Are taking medication for mental health problems
- Are worried about the impact having a baby will have on their mental health
- Have anxiety around pregnancy, childbirth or becoming a parent.
We provide one-to-one assessment and ongoing support for women who are pregnant or have a baby who is under 12 months, and:
- Are currently experiencing complex or severe mental health problems
- Have a history of or are at risk of developing severe or complex mental health problems during the perinatal period, even if they are currently well.
We provide advice over the phone for any health or social care professionals working with women who are receiving support from primary or secondary mental health services andare either pregnant, planning a pregnancy or have a baby who is under 12 months.
This includes advice around prescribing mental health medications in pregnancy and risk-benefit analysis.
How to make a referral
Referrals for one to one support and preconception appointments can be made by contacting us directly for discussion in the first instance, or by usual the referral route through your local mental health assessment team.
You can contact us for advice or to make a referral on 01925 275 303 for Halton, Knowsley, St Helens and Warrington and on 0151 702 4012 for Liverpool and Sefton. Open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.