Who we are
Our service aims to prevent, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate conditions affecting your feet and lower limbs. These include common foot care problems such as ingrown toenails and bunions.
We offer a range of services including:
- Nail surgery under local anaesthetic for ingrowing toenails
- Musculoskeletal and gait analysis with orthotic manufacture
- Lower limb paediatric gait and development assessment
- Wound care / ulcer management
- Health education / footwear advice
- Pathological nail care
- Removal of callus and corns
- Neurological and vascular assessment of the lower limb, including annual foot screening for patients with diabetes
- Children’s minor foot ailments
- Diabetic and rheumatoid foot screening
- Rheumatology and diabetic foot clinics within the hospital as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Podiatry advice in relation to falls prevention
The service is delivered by qualified podiatrists who are registered with the Health Care Professions Council and are supported by assistant practitioners and podiatry assistants.
The service is provided in clinics, nursing and residential homes across Knowsley and St Helens. Home visits are also available.
Who is our service for?
The service is available for children and adults with foot problems.
You can self refer to the service using the podiatry service referral form available on this page or you can ask your GP or other healthcare professional to refer you to the service.