From April 2014 it became a national requirement for all inpatient wards to publish information about staffing levels on each shift, including the percentage of shifts meeting their agreed staffing levels. This initiative is part of the NHS response to the Francis report which called for greater openness and transparency in the health service.
At Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust, we take the care of our patients very seriously and have a number of procedures in place to ensure that our wards are safely staffed. Each month, we will publish information about our staffing levels.
- Safe staffing report - October 2023
- Safe staffing report - September 2023
- Safe staffing report - August 2023
- Safe staffing report - July 2023
- Safe staffing report - June 2023
- Safe staffing report - May 2023
- Safe staffing report - April 2023
- Safe staffing report - March 2023
- Safe staffing report - February 2023
- Safe staffing report - January 2023
Safe Staffing Report - March
Mersey Care provides data nationally to NHS England each month on Safe Staffing, please see our latest staffing submission.
The trust undertakes a nursing establishment review twice a year and the outcome of the latest review is summarised in the report to the board.
Have you got a question about staffing levels?
For more information about staffing levels at Mersey Care please contact Trish Bennett, Executive Director of Nursing and Operations and her deputy, Jenny Hurst, Deputy Director of Nursing on Tel: 0151 473 0303.