Who we are
Talking Therapies offer free NHS therapy for people in Halton with common mental health problems like anxiety or depression, to help you change the way you feel by changing the way you think.
With our easy-to-access, flexible therapy options to suit your lifestyle, you’ll have a choice of either:
Option 1 - online therapy through our SilverCloud system
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Can be done at a time and place that suits you
- You can start the therapy straight away
- You will get weekly online support from your therapist
- You will have access to the system for a year after you’ve been discharged from the service
- It has been shown to be more effective than one-to-one therapy
Option 2 - Skills for Wellbeing Course
- A six-week course that will help you develop skills to manage your mood
- The sessions are informal and relaxed, and you don’t have to talk about your problems if you don’t want to
- Courses are available in your local area
- You will have a choice of times you can attend
- A new course begins every three weeks so you’ll never have to wait more than a few weeks to join.
- When you have your first assessment appointment with a member of our team, you will have plenty of time to talk through the two options in more detail to help you decide which one is right for you.
Most people find that online therapy or a wellbeing course is all they need to feel better, but if you still need extra help after completing these, we will then offer you face-to-face, one-to-one therapy with one of our specialist therapists.
Our service is for adults age 18 and over with common mental health problems like mild to moderate depression, anxiety and stress. We can help with other problems like panic attacks, phobias and post traumatic stress disorder.
Our service is available for anyone who lives within Runcorn or Widnes or who is registered with a Halton GP.
If you've been feeling down, stressed, anxious or panicky, we can help. Some other common reasons for using our service include:
- Not wanting to do things you used to enjoy, like hobbies or seeing friends
- Feeling down or hopeless about the future
- Having trouble sleeping or sleeping more than usual
- Feeling tired or having little energy
- Not being able to stop worrying
- Feeling restless and agitated
- Feeling afraid all the time, like something bad is going to happen
These are all normal from time to time but if they last for longer than a couple of weeks, it’s probably best to seek some help. If any of these sound familiar, Think Wellbeing is here to help.
Accessing our service is simple. You can call on 0151 292 6954. Alternatively, you can visit your GP who will be able to make a referral to our service on your behalf.
Once you have submitted your referral, a member of our team will send you an appointment to attend an initial assessment. During this appointment, a therapist will talk through your symptoms to help you decide which treatment option is best for you.
Attend Anywhere is a private and secure video call service for patients with pre-arranged appointments only. You can find out more on our website.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer instant or emergency appointments. If you are in need of urgent help, please visit our help in a crisis page for support.
To attend a prearranged appointment with Talking Therapies Halton, click this link at your given appointment time.