Service available in:
Who we are
Our community matrons support people living with long term conditions by providing a range of nursing services in patients own homes.
Staff help to promote a quick recovery from an episode of illness due to long term conditions and a return to stable health and maximum independence.
The team aims to:
- Help patients and carers to manage their own conditions better and help enable patients to remain in their own homes
- Help prevent unnecessary admissions to hospital and long term care
- Help reduce length of stay of necessary hospital admissions
- Integrate all elements of care, improve patients' quality of life and ability to function
- Improve end of life care
- Identify and address issues across health and social care and other providers using a co-ordinated approach to prevent duplication and omission
- Monitor and review
- All patients are assessed, monitored and reviewed in their homes
Who is our service for?
Our service is available for patients registered with a Knowsley GP aged 16 and over who have:
- A diagnosis of a long term condition, for example heart disease, respiratory disease or diabetes
- Complex health and social care needs
- Palliative care needs
How to access our service
You can be referred to the service by your GP or other healthcare professional.