If you are a patient of Mersey Care Dental Service, when visiting your Dentist, you may be asked some questions ahead of attending the clinic including questions about your general health.
Please do not attend the clinic if you have any symptoms of respiratory illness or other infectious illnesses. If you do have respiratory or other potentially infectious symptoms and require dental care, this will be discussed with you by one of our clinical team.
If at any time you develop any of the following symptoms you should seek urgent medical advice from NHS 111 or from your nearest A & E department:
- Severe swelling
- Raised temperature
- Unexplained lethargy (tiredness)
- Overall feeling of discomfort and lack of wellbeing.
To support NHS services, it is important that you do not visit hospitals or doctors surgeries with dental problems unless you are advised to do so.
Advice for members of the public not registered with a dentist
If you are not registered with a dentist, please visit the following website: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-dentist
Urgent dental care for members of the public not registered with a dentist can be accessed via the helpline between the hours of 8.00am to 10.00pm every day, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Cheshire and Merseyside helpline: 0161 476 9651
We are working on a phased return to providing Dental Care for patients within our service and as such, the provision will be limited compared to what you may have previously accessed. Attendance at all of our clinics is strictly by prior appointment only.
If you are a Mersey Care dental patient and in pain or in need of support or advice then please use the following contact details:
- River Alt Personal Dental Service - 0151 244 3250
- Vauxhall Personal Dental Service - 0151 295 3770
- Bootle Community Dental Service - 0151 247 6044
- Everton Road Community Dental Service - 0151 300 8222
- Maghull Community Dental Service - 0151 247 6816
- Nutgrove Villa Community Dental Service - 0151 244 4469
- Old Swan Community Dental Service - 0151 295 8634
- Riverside Community Dental Service - 0151 285 4590
- Southport Community Dental Service - 01704 385 040
- St Chads Community Dental Service - 0151 244 3026
These numbers are operational Monday to Friday between 9.00am to 5.00pm
You will be assessed and provided with advice over the phone which may include a video consultation with a dentist. If you are required to attend a dental clinic, you will be provided with instructions prior to your attendance at the clinic. Procedures have been put in place in all of our sites to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.