Service available in:
Who we are
Think Wellbeing offers free NHS therapy for people in Knowsley with common mental health problems like anxiety or depression, to help you change the way you feel by changing the way you think.
With our easy-to-access, flexible therapy options to suit your lifestyle, you’ll have a choice of either:
Option 1 - online therapy through our SilverCloud system
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Can be done at a time and place that suits you
- You can start the therapy straight away
- You will get weekly online support from your therapist
- You will have access to the system for a year after you’ve been discharged from the service
- It has been shown to be more effective than one-to-one therapy
Option 2 - Skills for Wellbeing Course
- A six-week course that will help you develop skills to manage your mood
- The sessions are informal and relaxed, and you don’t have to talk about your problems if you don’t want to
- Courses are available in your local area
- You will have a choice of times you can attend
- A new course begins every three weeks so you’ll never have to wait more than a few weeks to join.
When you have your first assessment appointment with a member of our team, you will have plenty of time to talk through the two options in more detail to help you decide which one is right for you.
Most people find that online therapy or a wellbeing course is all they need to feel better, but if you still need extra help after completing these, we will then offer you face-to-face, one-to-one therapy with one of our specialist therapists.
Our service is for adults age 16 and over with common mental health problems like mild to moderate depression, anxiety and stress. We can help with other problems like panic attacks, phobias and post traumatic stress disorder.
Our service is available to anyone who is registered with a Knowsley GP.
If you've been feeling down, stressed, anxious or panicky, we can help. Some other common reasons for using our service include:
- Not wanting to do things you used to enjoy, like hobbies or seeing friends
- Feeling down or hopeless about the future
- Having trouble sleeping or sleeping more than usual
- Feeling tired or having little energy
- Not being able to stop worrying
- Feeling restless and agitated
- Feeling afraid all the time, like something bad is going to happen
If any of these sound familiar, why not refer yourself to our service today by completing our simple online referral form?
Accessing our service is simple, call us on 0151 290 4999. Alternatively, you can visit your GP who will be able to make a referral to our service on your behalf.
Once you have submitted your online referral, a member of our team will send you an appointment to attend an initial assessment at one of our nearby clinics, where one of our therapists will talk through your symptoms with you to help you decide which treatment option is best for you.
We also provide the Think Wellbeing service in Halton and St Helens.
Download Self help guides on a range of mental health issues such as anxiety, stress and depression, produced by Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust.