Service available in:
The Community Equipment Service (CES) provides an equipment delivery, collection and maintenance service to meet the needs of people who live or are registered with a GP in Liverpool.
The service enables people to stay independent and mobile in their own homes, prevent untimely hospital admissions, and support safe hospital discharges back into the community.
Linked to this is the Community Equipment Disability Advisory Services (CEDAS), which includes the Liverpool Wheelchair Service, Liverpool Equipment Advisory Service and Sefton Equipment Advisory Service.
The community Equipment Service (CES) covers:
- Equipment deliveries and collections
- Equipment servicing and maintenance
- Equipment advisory services
- Equipment repairs
Liverpool Community Equipment Service (CES) operates seven days a week and covers the following hours:
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 8pm
- Weekends and bank holidays: 9am to 5pm (Deliveries only)
The Community Equipment service can only be accessed via a healthcare professional making a referral on your behalf. Members of the public are unable to access the service directly, with the exception of collections and repairs.
- If a NHS professional is involved in your care, and your care needs change, please speak to them in the first instance
- If you have recently been discharged from hospital, or are acutely unwell, please speak to your GP for advice
- If NHS professionals are not involved in your care, please refer to occupational therapy for adults or occupational therapy for children for more information.
NHS and Social Services staff should contact the service directly via phone or email.
Community Equipment Service process referrals via a system called TCES. We no longer accept paper copy referrals.
Should you need to return your equipment please get in touch with the service directly on 0151 295 9816 to arrange a free collection, leave a voicemail out of office hours (after 16:30 weekdays and weekends) and a member of the team will call you back to arrange.
Not returning your equipment costs more than £500,000 a year, call 0151 295 9816 to arrange a FREE collection.