Service available in:
Liverpool Community Equipment Services are part of the wider Community Equipment Disability Advisory Services (CEDAS).
CEDAS also includes Liverpool Wheelchair Service, Liverpool Equipment Advisory Service and Sefton Equipment Advisory Service.
The Community Equipment service provides prescribed equipment to meet the needs of people who live or are a registered patient in Liverpool.
The service helps people stay independent and mobile in their own homes, prevent untimely hospital admissions, and support safe hospital discharges back into the community.
Area’s the service covers:
- Equipment deliveries and collections
- Equipment servicing and maintenance
- Equipment advisory services
- Equipment repairs.
Accessing the service
Liverpool Community Equipment Service operates seven days a week and covers the following hours:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am to 5pm (Deliveries only).
The Community Equipment service can only be accessed via a healthcare professional making a referral on your behalf. Members of the public are unable to access the service directly.
- If a NHS professional is involved in your care, please speak to them in the first instance
- If you have recently been discharged from hospital, or are acutely unwell, please speak to your GP for advice
- If NHS professionals are not involved in your care, please refer to occupational therapy for adults or occupational therapy for children for more information.
NHS and Social Services staff should contact the service directly via phone or email.
Community Equipment Service process referrals via a system called TCES. We no longer accept paper copy referrals.
Should you need to return your equipment please get in touch with the service directly on 0151 295 9816 to arrange a free collection, leave a voicemail out of office hours (after 16:30 weekdays and weekends) and a member of the team will call you back to arrange.
Not returning your equipment costs more than £500,000 a year, call 0151 295 9816 to arrange a FREE collection.
Equipment maintenance and repair line: 0151 295 8595 – please leave a message and someone will call you back.
Out of hours
In the event of an emergency out of hours, we have subcontractors to respond. Please contact Ross Care on 0151 653 6000.