Your small change can help us make a big difference to our patients, service users and staff.
Mersey Care is now part of Pennies from Heaven, a payroll giving scheme that allows our staff to simply and easily raise money for our new Mersey Cares charity – without doing a thing!
The Pennies from Heaven scheme allows you to voluntarily round-down the pennies in your pay each month to support our charity.
We will then use 100 percent of donations received through the scheme - up to a maximum of 99p per monthly pay packet - to fund projects set up by staff across the Trust to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities.
The projects already funded by the Mersey Cares charity include:
- The introduction of a monthly support group specifically for service users with Young Onset Dementia
- Dedicated social inclusion programmes with badminton trial sessions and outdoor table tennis
- Enabled interactive workshops to create space for children and young people to write about their experiences after COVID-19
- Funding the production of a short, educational film on how to talk to someone contemplating suicide
- Further funded innovative training modules to aid patient-staff communication
- Purchasing comfort books and audio-visual materials to help children explore sensitive issues
- Implemented sensory gardens and sensory rooms across the Trust to benefit our patients.