Who we are
Our Family Nurse Partnership team, based in Liverpool, is a strength based, intensive, preventative home visiting programme. It is offered to first time teenage parents (eligible if previous pregnancy ended in miscarriage, termination or stillbirth).
The Liverpool Family Nurse Partnership(FNP) programme is delivered by specially trained, experienced Health Visitors, Nurses and Midwives. The named Family Nurse will provide intensive and structured home visiting from early in pregnancy and for the first two years of the child's life.
A programme schedule is followed which covers:
- Life skills
- Your health and wellbeing
- Looking after your baby
- Your baby's development
- Safety and stability
- Connecting with your baby
- Family and support network
- Goals and aspirations.
The Family Nurse will also undertake the Healthy Child Programme (the theory that underpins the Health Visitors schedule of visits) for families on her caseload.
FNP uses in-depth methods to work with young parents on attachment, relationships and psychological preparation for parenthood. Family Nurses build supportive relationships with families and help guide first time teenage parents enabling them to adopt healthier lifestyles for themselves and their babies and plan their futures.
Clients that are eligible must be:
- Aged 19 years or under at the date of their last menstrual period.
- Living in the city of Liverpool
- First pregnancy confirmed by health professional (included if previous pregnancy ended in miscarriage, stillbirth or termination)
- Notified to the FNP team no later than 24 weeks gestation unless concealed pregnancy.
Our working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please get in touch if you would like an informal chat, refer a client or find out more about the service.
You can also find out more information on the Family Nurse Partnership website.