Service available in:
The Medicines Management Community service is commissioned by Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (LCCG) to provide support to Liverpool GP practices to improve the health of the population by optimising the use of medicines through:
- Promoting the safe, evidence based and cost effective use of medicines through medication reviews
- Providing up to date, unbiased information about medicines, treatments and care pathways
- Supporting practitioners and patients to make best use of medicines through medication reviews
- Minimising the harm caused by medicines
- Developing local guidelines and care pathways to optimise the management of conditions
- Collaborating with local hospital trusts and other healthcare providers to support these aims
The team consists of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians using their experience and knowledge of medicines to ensure that patients within Liverpool get the medicines they need to effectively manage their condition.
Other teams within the Medicines Management Service
Care Home Pharmacy Team
The team consists of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians working together with GPs, care home staff, other health professionals and community pharmacies to resolve any medicines related issues.
The team ensure that people who live in care homes get a medication review the same as other people who can visit their GP surgery.
Medicines Distribution service
The team consists of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy assistants provides the supply of medication to community services e.g. Walk-in Centres, Sexual Health clinics.
They also provide support to the Vaccination and Immunisation team who undertake the national immunisation program within Liverpool schools.