- We see patients in their own homes, care homes, outpatient clinics at various locations around the city and we also provide Dietetic cover to the Integrated Community Reablement and Assessment Service (ICRAS) hubs run by Liverpool Council.
- Transitional care for young people aged 16 to 17 years who are under the care of Dietetics in Alder Hey and are transitioning into adult services
- Adult patients 18 years with any of the below
- Home enteral tube feeding assessments and equipment and feed delivery ordering
- Troubleshooting issues relating to enteral feeding with an emphasis on AED and admission avoidance
- Complex nutrition support in conjunction with nutrition teams at Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Nutrition support for malnourished patients and those at risk of malnutrition, including advice on maximising food intake and reviewing requirements for oral nutritional supplements
- Dietary advice for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) if not under a specialist clinic
- Dietary advice for Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) eg. Crohns disease, ulcerative colitis if not under a specialist clinic
- Nutrition assessment for those with cancer particularly head and neck cancer, gastrointestinal cancers, neurological conditions eg. Stroke, Parkinsons Disease, Motor Neurone Disease
- Nutritional assessment for those with swallowing problems, working with Speech and Language Therapy recommendations.
Exclusions – South Sefton Community Dietitians do not provide a service to the below areas:
- Weight Management – We do not provide a Specialist Weight Management service for those with a BMI of 30kg/m2 or more. Please refer to Active Lifestyles
- Weight management Support is available to patients via the NHS Digital Weight Management Programme, links below or the National Diabetes Prevention Programme for patients who meet the clinical criteria for each programme.
- NHS Weight Loss Plan link
- Eating Disorder Service – please refer to the Eating Disorder Service Rathbone Hospital, Mill Lane, Liverpool, L13 4AW, Telephone 0151 471 7751