Date published: 5 August 2022
Mersey Care plans to create a modern, state of the art, 80-bed mental health hospital on the site where Mossley Hill Hospital stood in Liverpool, which the Trust owns.
The new hospital is expected to open in 2024 and we need help from all our stakeholders to give it a new name.
We're asking for ideas for names which fall within national guidelines for NHS branding and corporate branding for Mersey Care - the main points to consider are:
- the name may have historical, geographical or cultural significance
- it needs to be short and accessible and be in line with Mersey Care’s vision and values
- it should help to identify the premises (such as ‘hospital’ or ‘clinic’) and contribute to the sense of community
- the name should be future-proofed in case of later transformation or change of services there
- ideally, the name shouldn’t be in use anywhere else to avoid confusion, especially for health providers, and not be that of a living person or something in copyright.
Please get involved by adding your naming suggestions here. Once we have collected them all, our Estates team will make a final decision based on Trust protocols and we hope to announce the new name in the autumn.