Nurse led contact centre
We are an established, innovative team of nurses and call handlers responsible for facilitating discharges into community settings. We signpost patients and health professionals to the appropriate setting utilising our knowledge base of pathways working with the many services across north Merseyside.
We work 365 days a year from 8am to 9pm (although some services lines operate different hours).
Our Unplanned Care Direct (UCD) service provides an administrative and clinical triage service for a wide range of referrals into acute hospitals (Royal Liverpool, Aintree University Hospital and Whiston Hospital).
It will also provide alternatives to hospital admissions and accident and emergency attendance by offering appropriate community or outpatient pathways to health and social care professionals across Liverpool, Knowsley and South Sefton.
- Admissions into acute settings including medical, surgical, AED, AEC/ambulatory, ACU, ENT, Orth, Vascular, Consultant advice, etc.
- NWAS ambulance bookings
- ICRAS services across Liverpool, South Sefton and Knowsley (Step-up, Step-down, Frailty)
- Intermediate Care including Ward 35, Appleby Court and St Barts
- IV Therapy services including Cellulitis, Blood Transfusion, Antibiotics
- Community Respiratory Services including CRT and KCRS
- Social Services including KURT and Home First
- DVT Clinics including Old Swan, Garston, Halewood, Huyton
- Liverpool and South Sefton District Nursing
- Liverpool and South Sefton Community Matrons Care Home pathways
- Liverpool and South Sefton Treatment Rooms
- Liverpool and South Sefton Phlebotomy Clinic and Domiciliary
- Liverpool Walk-In Centres
- IMPaCT Palliative Care service
- Lymphoedema service
Each of these services has their own contact details and referral methods. See the appropriate service pages for more information.