Service available in:
Who we are
Our phlebotomy service takes blood samples from patients who have been identified as needing a blood test.
Blood tests have a wide range of uses and are one of the most common types of medical test. For example, a blood test can be used to:
- assess your general state of health
- confirm the presence of a bacterial or viral infection
- see how well certain organs, such as the liver and kidneys, are functioning.
Who is our service for?
This service is for patients who are aged 12 and over who are registered with a Sefton GP.
Some blood tests require you to fast (not eat or drink) before your blood test, although you may drink water – please follow the instructions from your GP.
Your healthcare professional will give you a form for your blood test – please bring this form with you so we know which tests your healthcare professional needs.
If you are housebound, please speak to your GP who can arrange a home visit appointment on your behalf.
To make an appointment using our new online booking system: My Blood Test
Alternatively you can telephone: 0151 285 4548.
Please note that Sefton Phlebotomy Service is for patients age 14 years and over, and the clinics are open between Monday to Friday, however are closed on bank holidays.
Blood testing clinic times are currently by appointment only due to Covid-19.
Patients requiring urgent blood tests (within 24 hours) in a clinic, who cannot book their appointment within this timeframe, should contact their GP surgery as they are able to book urgent slots directly. These slots are not visible to patients on the online booking system and can only be accessed by the referrer.
Patients who have been referred for an urgent home visit (within 24 hours) should telephone 0151 285 4548 to book their appointment.
We carry out blood testing at the following locations:
- Maghull Health Centre, Westway, Maghull, L31 0DJ
- Bootle Health Centre, Park Street, Bootle, L20 3DF
- Sefton Road Clinic, 67 Sefton Road, Litherland, L21 9HE
- Prince Street Clinic, Prince Street, Waterloo, L23 5PB
- Netherton Health Centre, Magdalen Square, Netherton.