The team of state registered physiotherapists offers physiotherapy services to adults registered with a South Sefton or Liverpool GP.
We aim to promote independence and improve quality of life for people with physical problems caused by accidents, ageing, disease or disability. These include respiratory conditions, orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions, mobility issues, neurological conditions and those receiving palliative care.
We assess, treat and support people in their homes and other community settings. Depending upon the person’s needs they will be directed on to one of our specialist pathways; neurological rehabilitation, care homes, falls prevention or specialist community pathway.
Following assessment the physiotherapist may offer you one or more of the following treatments:
- An individualised home exercise programme
- Advice on how to manage your condition (self management strategies)
- Falls prevention advice
- Advice regarding suitable equipment
- Provision of appropriate mobility aids
- Pain management, eg. TENS, Acupuncture
- Information regarding services that may be of help to you.