The Podiatry service treats and manages foot complications related to diabetes and other disorders that may affect the feet; arthritic conditions and those that affect circulation, nervous and musculoskeletal systems.
Qualified podiatrists supported by podiatry assistants offer a service to adults and children at community venues and in patients own homes, residential and care homes. The service has podiatrists who are specialised in diabetes, wound care, rheumatoid arthritis or musculoskeletal and biomechanical conditions.
Podiatry includes the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the lower limbs.
- Self care advice
- Common foot problems (verrucae, athlete's foot and dry skin) - leaflet available here
- Footwear assessment and advice - leaflet available here
- The management of foot ulceration
- Nail surgery (removal of part or the whole nail) leaflet available here
- Nail disorders, the leaflet is available here
- Vascular and neurological assessment of the lower limbs
- Management of nail and skin conditions affecting the feet eg corn and callus reduction leaflet available here
- Biomechanical assessment
- Gait assessment, prescription and manufacture of orthoses (insoles)
- Wound care
- Falls and rehabilitation podiatry.
Podiatry clinics are open, 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday and are held at the following locations:
|Bootle Heath Centre||Park Street, Bootle L20 3RF||0151 247 6000||0151 922 2890|
|Maghull Health Centre||Westway, Maghull L31 0DJ||0151 247 6800||0151 520 2864|
|Netherton Health Centre||Marion Square, L30 5SP||0151 247 6080||0151 523 5455|
|Prince Street Clinic||Prince Street, Waterloo L22 5PB||0151 247 6900||0151 928 6035|
|Seaforth Clinic||20 Seaforth Road, L21 4LF||0151 949 1717||N/A|
|Sefton Road Clinic||67 Sefton Road, L21 9HE||0151 247 6929||0151 928 8241|
|Thornton Health Centre||Bretlands RoadL23 1TQ||0151 247 6330||0151 924 0035|
Download the South Sefton Podiatry Service leaflet for a list of clinics to keep.
Alternatively, you can complete a paper referral from your local health centre, all of which are listed above.
If you live in Liverpool, the Podiatry service is provided from community sites in addition to patients own homes, residential and care homes. For an assessment appointment, please complete the above form too and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can also complete a paper referral at one of your local health centres.